Zel - Forte of Darkness Zel - Forte of Darkness

Definitely a good piece here, sounds like one of those epic battles in the newer pokemon games. For the title though, the flute seemed like it would have done better as a different instrument, the notes were right but the flute doesn't create a strong enough contrast. The drums fit, but i'm betting if you go back and spice em up a bit i bet you could throw more life into em as opposed to the constant bass and every other snare/clap. Maybe a different bass setting, really minute fixes but I'd bet those minuet things would step the song up to another level. Still give a 5 and a 4.5 because it certainly is really well put together. Good Job

!!!!!!!derreck jairo derr !!!!!!!derreck jairo derr

You have potential for sure, i mean in all honesty this is a bit of a hodgepodge but had you thrown down a heavy bass and carried the beat you could have made either one long awesome song out of this or 3 good ones.

Feathers Feathers

good stuff you got here, The piano got a bit scratchy when it reached the higher octaves but other than that it was a really impressive piece especially for an improv.

Zel - End of September Zel - End of September

this one is really good, not sure the title fits though lol. I bet if you did this with different sounds it might sound even more awesome, just a thought. Unfortunately that's about all i got this one is pretty solid.

Zel - Zodium's Theme Zel - Zodium's Theme

Excellent sequencing, fitting instruments and a great melody. The only thing i could really see would make this any better than it already is, is maybe fine tuning the Low end brass, a couple of points I thought it overpowered for a second but fell back into place. Nothing worth spending time to tweak unless you are already in the process of it, but from the looks of things you've done that already so. Great song, Like buoy said I really could see this as an RPG boss battle.

zelazon responds:

The soundfont in the song were giving me a lot of trouble, so I'm in the process of learning how to work with them with better detail (as in you really can't change the sounds of the soundfont unless you get an external program to do so) so it's going to be a while as I'm learning how to work with them more and become better with the whole process.

Zel - Universe Approach Zel - Universe Approach

You're style has really grown on me as I've listened to your songs, I agree with the guy below me, the main synth is too scratchy, if you use Fl Studio and that's 3xOSC you can tweak that a bit to smooth it out a bit. As a side note, and this is just personal preference, maybe try sequencing the panning you do on the main synth a bit different. Good work though.

zelazon responds:

The main synth is Nexus "hard mid booster" with an absynth attachment which I do agree was a bit too powerful for what it was suppose to do. I'm usually used to having more of a high end lead but this song really called for a mid end one... I suppose next time I'll have to shop around for a better synth that will fit in more.

Geeze, the influx of reviews happened so fast lol.

Thx for the reviews and all the reviews you've done in the past :)

guitar guitar

man, even if it were a medley it seem you really didn't think that last part out and just kinda threw stuff together. middle section was strong and a decent intro.

w0lv3rine responds:

why yes, why don't you make a medley for me then my good sir, you did? oh good I hope they like it :)

NJX vs W0lv NJX vs W0lv

spacing could be a little better on a few parts

Zelazon Presents The Rise Zelazon Presents The Rise

Easily my favorite of all the songs i've listened to from you. Odd switch up at 2:34 kinda took the song out of its element (just my opinion) anyway good work here.

zelazon responds:

I just did it to make the song progressive, as usually I get into the habit of repeating the bassline over and over again, so I wanted it to make it flow a bit more... Needless to say, that part did get added in much later then some of the earlier parts you hear (I think I wanted more of a lighter key-change at the time), so I'll try next time to make it more fluid.

Thanks for taking the time to review ^^!

Noob in making music :P Noob in making music :P

I like the piano work in it, it definitely lays down a good foundation. i found the random bass pad to be a bit distracting. what you're missing is a lead synth. If you redid the song with a longer base line (meaning bring it in sooner) and added the lead synth this could be something. Also it could be longer (personal preference) and you could work on closing it out. As i said earlier though it does have a lot of potential.